Here is a guide on how you can turn your Nexus 4 into a WiFi hotspot or router and share your internet connection. This method is very useful if your friends or co-workers want to connect to the Internet and only your mobile phone has Internet access.
Today’s mobile phones are pretty slick especially the ones powered by the latest mobile operating systems like Android and iOS, as they can easily be used for browsing and surfing the web. What makes them more useful is that they can even turn into a WiFi Hotspot. In this tutorial article, you will be learning how to turn your Nexus 4 into a WiFi Hotspot so you can share your Internet connection with your friends, relatives, and co-workers.
Below is the easy to follow step by step guide with detailed screenshots to help you apply the steps on your Nexus 4 devices.
1. Tap the “Apps” button on your Nexus 4 device.
2. Tap the “Settings” button.
3. Tap the “More” button.
4. Tap the “Tethering & portable hotspot” button.
5. Tap the “Set up Wi-Fi hotspot” button.
6. Enter the name of your WiFi network (Network SSID), and then set your security mode. Recommended “Security” mode is WPA2 PSK, as it provides better security for wireless network. Enter a password with at least 8 characters. Tap on the “Save” button.
7. Enable the “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” by tapping the checkbox (must be marked with check).
8. Done. Your Nexus 4 is now sharing its Internet connection.
Devices that are WiFi enabled like laptops, mobile phones, and tablets should now be able to see the Wireless network that you have created. They should be seeing the Network SSID that you have named for your WiFi hotspot connection.
All they have to do is connect to your WiFi network, and enter the password. Doing this will connect their devices on your Nexus 4 WiFi network, allowing them to browse and surf the Internet. The Internet speed depends on your Nexus 4 Internet connectivity and speed. Be aware that you might be using your mobile data in the process thus depending on your ISP or wireless service provider you might be charged doing this.
For now have fun sharing your Internet connection as you have learned how to turn your Nexus 4 into a WiFi hotspot or router.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.