Dota 2 Tweaks & Cheats: Get Better Gaming Performance While Playing Dota 2
Learn how to tweak Dota 2 to get the best performance while playing the game. This Dota 2 guide will be useful for those who have slow computers, or just simply want to have a better performance while playing.
These Dota 2 cheats are not necessarily exploits in the game as they are tweaks which all of the players can do. By using these Dota 2 tweaks you might slightly get an advantage over the others.
If you want to improve and increase your gaming performance the read the guide below and start tweaking your Dota 2.
- Dota 2 (installed on your computer)
Methods on Tweaking Dota 2 for Better Gaming Performance:
Select from the methods and tweaks available below for you to use. It’s up to you whether to apply all or just apply a single tweak. Read first what the tweak will do for your game before applying it.
1. Activate your Console by opening the Steam Library, and then right click on Dota 2. Select Properties, Set Launch Options, and then copy and paste the command below:
-console -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd -novid -high
The first command above lets you activate the console on “`”, while the next set of commands remove acceleration of the mouse. The -novid command removes some video effects on some heroes, and the -high command give you a high priority for Dota 2 to access computer resources.
2. Remove the “white line” from the health bar when you take some damage. To do this, open the Dota 2 console via the “`” key, and type in the following commands:
3. Use the command below, to see heroes in better perspective on the minimap. Type in the command on the Dota 2 console.
4. The default right click, let you attack allied units below a certain percentage of HP. (below 50%) In case you want to force the right click attack, you can use the command below:
5. Want to see the lives without the dashes? Then type the command below on the Dota 2 console.
6. Typing the same sentences over and over again? You might losing APM or time doing it. An easier way is to bind the phrases on a key on your keyboard. To do this, type the following command below: (Just adjust according to your preference.)
bind “F5” “say_team missingTOP”
bind “F6” “say_team missingMID”
bind “F7” “say_team missingBOT”
bind “F8” “say_team PUSH”
7. To save some time, all of the commands above can be put in a config file to not write them every time. To do this follow the necessary steps below.
– Copy the cfg file located in \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ dota 2 beta \ dota \ cfg file. Copy the “Cfg” elsewhere to make a backup.
– Rename the file without changing its extension. (E.g. dota2.cfg)
– Open it using Notepad (right click, the open with Notepad), then write the commands that you want. One line or row for each command.
– To access the cfg file that you have edited. Start the Dota 2 game, and then on the console, type in dota2.cfg (or the name cfg file you have created).
– Doing this will load all the commands you have entered on the cfg file easily and faster.
Have fun and hope that these Dota 2 tweaks and Dota 2 cheats helped you in your game.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.