Google Glass Tech Specs Released and Things to Know About It
Google has officially released the specifications for its Google Glass. Learn Google Glass tech specs and important things about the device.
As Google released the API (application programming interfaces) for the Google Glass they also showed the nuts and bolts of the Google Glass. By knowing the specs, we can visualize some of the key features of the eye wear gadget.
Google Glass Tech Specs
- Adjustable nosepads and durable frame that fits any face.
- Extra nosepads the comes in two sizes.
- High resolution display which is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Photos – 5 MP
- Videos – 720p
- Bone Conduction Transducer
- Wifi – 802.11b/g
- 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
- One full day of typical use. Some features, like the Google Hangouts and video recordings can be more battery intensive.
- Included Micro USB cable and charger.
While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, the Google Glass device is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long Glass use.
- Any Bluetooth-capable phone.
- The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.
Things to Know About Google Glass
- Google Glass app will be using Java and Pyton to write applications on it. Google Glass has a Quick Start page where it shows Quick Start projects that demonstrates major functions of the Google Mirror API and gives you a good start in learning how a simple piece of Glassware works.
- For now, Google wants no advertisements in Glass clients. This is pretty understandable as Glasses should be more personal hence it will be helpful if no data can be used for ads or collect payments on it.
- Google has partnered with big venture capitalist which means it will be a big business.
- According to the released tech specs, Google Glass will have 12 GB of usable memory.
- Google Glass devices will be configured and managed by an Android app called MyGlass. MyGlass will be the Glass device companion.
- According to its Terms of Sales, you can’t resell the Google Glass. Google noted that you can give the device as a gift, but you may not commercially resell any Device.
- Personal individual Google accounts can be connected to the Google Glass device.
- Google Glass has a huge potential to become a productivity tool. As presentations and real time information can be handy. Real time, real world view can be shared to another person using the device.
- If Google Glass program becomes a huge success then the search engine giant can become the hardware player the want to be. The Glass device can be Google’s iPhone or iPad as it’s their original hardware.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.