Here is a guide on how you can install the new iOS 7 Beta 1 on your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad without being a registered developer. Cannot wait until fall to test drive and have a first look on this new iOS update? Then follow this step by step tutorial to apply iOS 7 Beta 1 on your Apple device.
iOS 7 beta release and SDK are now available but only for developers. It ships in the Fall for the iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5th generation.
iOS 7 boasts its all-new design and features like the Control Cener, AirDrop and multitasking capabilities. By following this tutorial you will have access to the iOS 7 features and UI design to test and play around with.
iOS 7 supports:
- iPhone 5 GSM
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM/CDMA
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Mini
Important: In case that your iOS device is jailbroken, you will lose your jailbreak upon installing iOS 7. You will not be able to get back to your previous version.
If you want to check out and test iOS 7 Beta 1 then proceed to read this guide.
Steps to install iOS 7 without having a developer account or UDID registration
1. Download the latest official iOS firmware for your device, which is iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1.3 for all other supported devices. Download latest official iOS firmwares. (Download Link for iPhone 5 GSM AT&T 6.1.4)
2. Download iOS 7 for your Apple device. Download iOS 7.
3. Connect your device via the USB cable and then open up iTunes.
4. Hold the Shift key and then use the left mouse button to click the Restore button on the iTunes. This will enable you to manually search for the iOS firmware (IPSW) that you downloaded. Select iOS 6.1.4 for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1.3 for all other devices.
5. Once the device has been restored, make sure to finish the setup and wait for iTunes to re-detect it. From the iTunes window that will appear, set up your device as new (e.g. Select “Set up as new iPhone” for iPhone devices from the iTunes screen) and then click Continue. Proceed to finish the setup until you can get to the home screen.
6. On the iTunes window, click “Get Started” and the Shift + left mouse click (hold Shift key and the use the mouse left click button) on the “Check for Update” button. Select the iOS 7 ipsw that you have downloaded earlier for your device.
7. Select Update and wait for the software update to complete.
That’s it. Congratulations you have just installed iOS 7 on your device. The device will work as normal and you can Sync your data using your saved backup installed apps, photos, etc. You can now also do over-the-air updates (OTA) all upcoming betas for iOS 7.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.