Finally I’ve installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview in my machine. With no wireless and wired internet connection available, I planned to use my Smart Bro modem stick with it. Before learning how to install Smart Bro Modem in Windows 8 Consumer Preview, let’s first discuss the device I would use for my installation test. My Smart Bro Modem, is a Smart Bro Power Plug-it, which is a USB Internet Prepaid modem. I bought it last year for P1,245 (pesos), and it has a usage fee equivalent to P10 (pesos) for every 30 minutes. You can also avail the Smart UNLISURF packages with it.
To know more about this Smart Bro modem, read my Smart Bro Power Plug-it Review.
Installing the Smart Bro modem in Windows 8 is just a breeze. I have no problems in installing it. I didn’t get any issue with the compatibility mode, and I didn’t update any of my drivers for it. Note that my machine has Windows 8 Consumer Preview installed on it. It’s a clean install, my disk was completely formatted when it was installed. Below are the steps in installing Smart Bro modem in Windows 8.
Steps in Installing Smart Bro Modem in Windows 8
1. Insert Smart Bro modem in USB port. (I’m using Smart Bro Power Plug-it modem)
2. You will be greeted by the “Tap to choose what happens with software and games” message. Click on it.
3. Select the Run Autorun.exe.
4. Smart Bro Installation Wizard will run. It will install the necessary programs and drivers needed by the Smart Bro modem to run in Windows 8. Just wait for it to finish.
5. That’s it. You’ve successfully installed Smart Bro modem in your Windows 8 machine.
If you are seeing the above picture with the GUI, then Smart Bro modem is installed in your machine. It will automatically connect, and you will have option to avail the UNLISURF50 service. Test your connection by opening Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) and browse some sites. Hope this guide helped you learn how to install Smart Bro Modem in Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Have fun surfing.
ADD A FACEBOOK COMMENT
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.