Want to play Dota 2 in Mac without using Bootcamp or a virtual machine software? You’re in luck as you can use Dota 2 Mac Wrapper or Port in order to play Dota 2 in your Mac machine.
Dota 2 Mac Wrapper/Port by HyperTsunaz lets you play Dota 2 using Dota 2 wrapper. While it is an unofficial wrapper for Dota 2, it does its job well. Download the tool below.
Download Dota 2 Mac Wrapper here.
The wrapper was made by HyperTsunaz from portingteam.com and is a great alternative for setting up Bootcamp or virtual machine software just to play Dota 2. The wrapper works smoothly. The first startup was slow and had a long black screen with few while and blue flashes, but it will do its job and start the game on your Mac.
See screenshots of working Dota 2 in Mac.
- Operating System: Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB
- Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
- Disk Space: 5.54 GB
Known Issues in using the Dota 2 Mac wrapper:
- Dota 2 is not playable using high setting for Shadows and Textures.
- Animated Portraits shows up a white flickering while in match. (It can be fixed by Turning “Ambient Occlusion” off in the setting.)
- Dota 2 health numbers are glitched.
Steps on how to use Dota 2 Mac Wrapper/Port
- Download the Dota 2 Mac Wrapper using the link above.
- Double-click on the Dota 2 wrapper and Steam will launch.
- Log-in and install Dota 2 (follow instructions).
- Launch Dota 2 within Steam. (Do this everytime you play.)
Important: This is an unofficial Dota 2 Mac Wrapper and Port. If you are having some trouble using it or encounter some errors, you may try to visit the Dota 2 port source. Chances are someone already encountered your error and included some instructions on how to fix it.
Have fun playing Dota 2. Hope this guide on how to play Dota 2 in Mac without Bootcamp helped you.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.