Tutorial: How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 6.x for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Here is a guide on jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, and iPad Mini device running on iOS 6.0 through iOS 6.1.2. Learn how to do an untethered jailbreak for your iOS 6.1 phone or tablet.
Requirements for iOS 6.1 Untethered Jailbreak:
- Your time
- Computer running on Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iOS device such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running from iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2 (Your device iOS version can be checked in Settings / General / About -> Version)
- USB cable to connect your iOS 6.1 device to your computer
- Backup first your device. In any case the jailbreaking gone wrong, you’ll be able to recover your data if you had backed it up.
- Disable the lock passcode for your device in case you set it.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until the jailbreaking is complete. This is to make sure that there will be no conflicts if the jailbreak is processing.
- In case the jailbreaking gets stuck, just restart the program and reboot your iOS device by holding down Power and Home buttons until it shuts down, then repeat the process.
Steps on how to untethered jailbreak iOS 6.1
1. Download the required program below. For this jailbreak we will be using the Evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak software, the links for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux are provided below.
Evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak download links:
Download Evasion for Windows
Download Evasion for Mac OS X
Download Evasion for Linux
2. After download, extract Evasi0n on a folder of your computer.
3. Run and open Evasi0n, then connect your iOS 6.x device with the computer, and then wait for Evasi0n to detect it.
4. After your device had been detected, proceed by clicking on “Jailbreak” button on Evasi0n.
5. Wait until the jailbreak process is completed.
6. After the Jailbreak process finishes, you will be seeing the “Jailbreak icon” on your iOS 6.x device.
7. Click on the “Jailbreak icon”.
8. This time you will see a black page load which will go away. Do not panic as this is perfectly normal. Your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, or iPod Touch will be restarted a couple of times and you will see a large white background with an Evasi0n logo displayed.
9. Congratulations! You have successfully jailbroken your iOS 6.1 device. The Cydia icon will appear on your device. Click on it, and it will load the necessary files.
That’s it. You have just learned how to untether jailbreak your iOS 6.1 iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini or iPod Touch. Enjoy and have fun with your newly jailbroken iOS 6.x device.
Like our Facebook Fan Page.
Subscribe and get the latest tips, tricks, news, and updates delivered straight to your e-mail inbox.