Jailbreak iPhone iOS 6.1 Beta 4 Using Redsn0w
Here is a complete tutorial on how to jailbreak iPhone iOS 6.1 Beta 4 using Redsn0w. Follow the necessary steps in order to jailbreak your iPhone running on iOS 6.1 Beta 4 using Redsn0w. Keep in mind that this jailbreak is tethered right now and only for pre-A5 devices, so if your iPhone is already running an untethered jailbreak, better stick to it as the purpose of this guide is to give iOS 6.1 Beta 4 users and developers an opportunity to test their Cydia apps before the release of iOS 6.1.
Apple just pushed out their iOS 6.1 Beta 4 to developers, and just like previous beta releases, it can be jailbreak using Redsn0w. While in order to jailbreak it, we need to do a little trick as iPhone Dev Team’s Redsn0w doesn’t support officially the beta release yet.
Note that we can only jailbreak iDevices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch 4G as they are pre-A5 devices. Pre-A5 devices have an exploit which can be used to jailbreak them on any iOS which we will be discussing in this guide.
Jailbreak iOS 6.1 Beta 4 with Redsn0w
Below are the necessary steps you can follow in order to jailbreak your iPhone running on iOS 6.1 Beta 4 using Redsn0w.
1. Upgrade your device with the latest iOS 6.1 beta 4 release.
2. Download iOS 6.0 final version for your iPhone or iDevice model.
Download Links of iOS 6 for all iDevices:
3. Download the latest version of Redsn0w for your Windows or Mac machine and run it.
4. Back up your iPhone or iDevice data.
5. Run Redsn0w, and go to Extras -> Select IPSW and point it to the final iOS 6.0 build.
6. Go to the main screen and use the “jailbreak” button to initiate the process. You will be asked to put your device into DFU mode on the next screen. Just follow the instruction on the screen to get Pwned DFU mode.
7. Wait until the jailbreak finishes and your device restarts.
8. Open Redsn0w again and go to Extras -> Tethered Boot feature which will prompt you again to put your device in DFU mode.
9. After your device restarts, you will be seeing a fully functional Cydia icon.
Congrats! You just tethered jailbreak your iPhone running on iOS 6.1 beta 4 using Redsn0w. Now go and test some Cydia apps.